Tanabe Research Laboratories USA (www.trlusa.com) located in San Diego, California is a cutting-edge biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and advancement of innovative therapies to treat cancer and other serious diseases. This position is located onsite at our San Diego facility.
Independently designs, implements and analyzes scientific studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Skilled in immunology and molecular biology applications
- May propose, initiate, direct, and execute biologic pre-clinical drug development projects working towards cellular therapy product development for oncology using existing expertise at TRL.
- Develop, execute and document methodologies for isolating and modifying NK and other cell types from various sources.
- Expertise and skills in understanding and designing CARs and CAR-based modification of NK and other cell types using viral or non-viral based methods.
- Has extensive experience with CRISPR/Cas based gene editing of various immune cell types.
- Exceptional cell culture experience that includes handling of primary effector cells towards product development in closed system instrumentation
- Manage and perform activities such as flow cytometry, co culture kill assays, cytokine production and other quantitative immunoassays.
- Design and oversee in vitro and in vivo experiments including C/PDX models and combinations studies for TRL’s pipeline candidates in potential cancer indications.
- Experience with documentation towards tech transfer to CDMOs is preferred.
- Directs or conducts experiments in support of TRL projects that could help developing an IND package for Phase I studies.
- Analyze and present data to scientific team for in depth discussions.
- Independently and effectively troubleshoots complex issues.
- Contribute to the identification and evaluation of new technologies.
- Integrates results into larger project goals and deliverables.
- Prepare reports and papers of completed projects for publication in technical journals, presentation to regulatory agencies or partners/collaborators or at conferences, or use in further research activities.
- Manages and mentors staff in the planning and execution of experiments as well as direct participation at the bench.
- Analyzes data and interprets results in clear format for presentation during project team meetings and project reviews.
- Appropriately documents research findings in lab notebooks.
- Keep current with appropriate scientific literature and contributes new ideas to advance project work.
- May present company programs to third parties or represent the Company in interactions with the parent company MTPC.
- May interact with company consultants independently or with minimal supervision.
- Takes responsibility for laboratory efficiency, compliance and cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A PhD in cancer immunology, immunology or cell biology or related field.
- 2-5 years related industry and post doc experience.
- 2 years of experience managing research staff
- Prior experience with cellular therapies is important. Experience with lymphocyte cell therapies, especially in an industry setting would be preferred. This would include expertise in gene-engineering immune cells.
- Extensive knowledge of CARs and CAR-based immune cell engineering.
- Experience with isolation and culturing of lymphocytes from various sources including iPSCs is necessary.
- Experience in different techniques used in molecular biology, immunology and cancer cell biology for characterizing native and modified lymphocytes for product development, especially in the context of targeting cancer cells
- Prior experience with product development involving modified NK or T cells would be preferred. Decent expertise with developing closed systems for product development and prior experience in preparing documentation towards tech transfer.
- Knowledge and experience selecting and planning proof of concept studies in different cancer models both in vitro and in vivo are desired.
- Competent in various routes of administration such as intravenous tail vein, intraperitoneal and intratumor
- Significant experience with working in a team setting.
- Well organized and has good experience in designing and documenting protocols and data