Tanabe Research Laboratories USA (www.trlusa.com) located in San Diego, California is a cutting-edge biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and advancement of innovative therapies to treat cancer and other serious diseases. This position is located onsite at our San Diego facility.
Under supervision, responsible for all aspects of conducting scientific studies using standard to advanced techniques of molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, animal experiment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With guidance, conducts experiments according to established study protocols.
- Independently organizes and maintains experimental records.
- Records experimental data in lab notebooks and reports findings to supervisor.
- With guidance, analyzes data and interprets results.
- Independently prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
- Presents data and findings in group meetings.
- Under supervision, may perform one or more of the following:
- scFv phage library construction and selection.
- DNA amplification by PCR.
- DNA sequence analysis
- Plasmid construction, purification, introduction into bacteria and/or mammalian cells
- Expression of proteins in bacteria and/or mammalian cells.
- Protein purification and analysis of purity by SDS-PAGE
- ELISA and Octet experiment to study protein-protein interactions.
- Cell Titer Gro assay to quantify living tumor cell in vitro
- Cell culture of T cell and/or tumor cells
- Inoculation of T cell and tumor cell for tumor xenograft model with Immunodeficient mice
- Performs general laboratory housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures.
- Reviews, comprehends and complies with all SOP's and internal guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A BS degree or equivalent in the biological sciences.
- Excellent academic record.
- 3 years related experience.
- Extensive experience conducting basic experimental procedures.
- Extensive experience with design, documentation and execution of experiments.
- In-depth knowledge of standard biological assays.
- Excellent record keeping, attention to detail and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office products.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team, laboratory and office environment.
- Ability to change tasks quickly and still maintain attention.
- Ability to regularly lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds.