Tanabe Research Laboratories USA (www.trlusa.com) located in San Diego, California is a cutting-edge biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and advancement of innovative therapies to treat cancer and other serious diseases. This position is located onsite at our San Diego facility.
An entry level Research Associate for our Oncology department to conduct biological studies using standard to advanced cell biology and immunological techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct biochemical and immunological assays including ELISA, Western blot etc.
- Maintain cell culture and perform cell-based assays including flow cytometry and cell cytotoxicity assays
- Perform xenograft and tumor measurements in mice
- Organizes and maintains experimental records.
- Records experimental data in lab notebooks and reports findings to appropriate individuals.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
- Communicate proactively with other members of the laboratory and project managers.
- Presents data and findings in group meetings.
- Performs general laboratory housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A BS in a biology-related field such as Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, etc. with 0-2 years related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience in basic laboratory techniques (e.g., buffer preparation, micro-pipetting, microplate-based assays, reagent dilutions, etc.).
- Experience performing routine cell culture techniques
- An analytical mindset, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and comfort working with instrument platforms
- Ability to multitask with a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and flexible with a strong work ethic
- Good oral and written communication skills